– Refined 248cm³ parallel-twin engine maximizes low- to mid-range torque to deliver a combination of powerful performance and ease of control.
– The GSX250R features a reverse-lit LCD instrument panel optimized for quick and easy recognition to keep the rider fully informed of the bike’s status.
– Position lights employing surface-emitting LEDs feature smooth edge-to-edge illumination and a chevron-like shape flanking the headlight that creates truly distinctive appeal.
– The rear taillight also uses surface-emitting LEDs that provide excellent visibility to traffic and contribute to the stylish design.
– The 248cm³ parallel-twin engine that powers the GSX250R underwent thorough analysis and optimization to maximize low- to mid-range torque and provide a powerful ride with ease of control. The overall efficiency also helps realize a good level of fuel economy and clean performance. With a full tank of gasoline, the GSX250R has a riding range of approximately 480km*.
* Calculated based on the Worldwide Motorcycle Test Cycle (WMTC mode) exhaust emissions measuring conditions measured by Suzuki. Actual fuel economy and riding range may differ owing to differences in conditions such as the weather, road, rider behavior and maintenance.
– The honing pattern used for the cylinder barrels maintains lubrication for the pistons in a manner that helps minimize any loss of performance due to friction.
– The cylinder head adopts roller type rocker arms that minimize friction loss.
– The cam profile for the GSX250R delivers maximum acceleration performance at the mostly commonly used speeds, between 20km/h to 90km/h. As an additional benefit, the cam profile also suppresses noise generation to deliver a smoother, more pleasant ride.
– Thin, low tension piston rings are adopted to reduce friction, and the shape of the piston ring grooves was also optimized.
– The port sections on the intake valves are designed to optimize airflow into the combustion chamber. This helps achieve a high level of thermal efficiency for improved performance and reduced emissions.
– Adopting the use of projected tip spark plugs speeds up the rate of combustion. This improves response, especially when the throttle is not open far, and also improves fuel economy.
– Oil pump optimization reduces friction loss and contributes to an increase in engine output and improvement in fuel economy.
– The two-into-one exhaust system features an optimized shape for the chamber in front of the catalytic converter. This maximizes acceleration performance at mid-range speeds, while the efficiency of the system also reduces exhaust emissions. The muffler adopts a shape that contributes to better engine output and torque by reducing power loss. It delivers a pleasing sound while its design also contributes to better cornering.
– The sporty flair of newly designed 10-spoke wheels pairs with IRC tires that provide a solid grip on the road. Stopping power is provided by petal-type front and rear disc brakes. An Antilock Brake System (ABS)* made by BOSCH is also available to deliver yet greater confidence and control.
* ABS is not designed to shorten the braking distance. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please drive carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
– The relatively low mounting point of the separate left and right handlebars is sporty, but at the same time designed to provide a riding position that is comfortable around town or when touring.
– Front and rear KYB suspension with custom settings contribute to weight reduction and retain reassuring handling characteristics, while at the same time adding a sportier feel.
– The GSX250R adopts the sporty styling of independent seats for the rider and passenger, yet each provides plenty of cushioning to make long rides comfortable. The slim design of the fuel tank also helps the rider easily plant their feet on the ground when stopped.
– The GSX250R features a reverse-lit LCD instrument panel. Readouts include the speedometer, tachometer, gear position and RPM indicator, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel gauge, average fuel consumption and oil change timing indicators, and a clock.
– Enhancing the sporty, aggressive look and futuristic flair of the GSX250R are surface-emitting LEDs employed by the position lights up front and the taillight in the rear. Their smooth edge-to-edge illumination and the chevron-like shape that flanks the headlight create a truly distinctive and highly appealing lighting scheme. Adopting clear lenses for the front and rear turn signals adds to the stylish appearance.
|2,085 mm (82.1 in)
|740 mm (29.1 in)
|1,110 mm (43.7 in)
|1,430 mm (56.3 in)
|160 mm (6.3 in)
|790 mm (31.1 in)
|181 kg (399 lbs)
|4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, SOHC
|Bore × Stroke
|53.5 mm × 55.2 mm (2.1 in x 2.2 in)
|248 cm3 (15.1 cu. in)
|11.5 : 1
|6-speed constant mesh
|Primary reduction ratio
|Final reduction ratio
|Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
|Swingarm type, coil spring, oil damped
|Rake / Trail
|25.6° / 104 mm (4.1 in)
|Front tire size
|110/80-17M/C 57H tubeless
|Rear tire size
|140/70-17M/C 66H tubeless
|Fuel tank capacity
|15.4L (4.1/3.4 US/Imp gal)
|Oil capacity (Overhaul)
|2.4L (2.5/2.1 US/lmp qt)